The wildlife trade is a multibillion-dollar industry that threatens biodiversity. Exploiting wildlife by selling it, their parts or their products is one of the most profitable activities in the world. A group of researchers from the University of Helsinki spotlights the significance of all major taxonomic groups in the global wildlife trade and calls for action to fill in our gaps in knowledge. The group also lists nine actions anyone can take to fight the illegal wildlife trade.
- Pushing computing to the edge by rethinking microchips’ design
- A gene provides both protection and destruction
- Study finds digital treatment for osteoarthritis is superior to traditional routine care
- Research shows how single celled algae rotate as they swim towards the light
- Reducing salt in Parmigiano Reggiano cheese might not negatively affect its flavor