The investigational antiviral remdesivir is superior to the standard of care for the treatment of COVID-19, according to a report in NEJM. The preliminary analysis is based on data from the Adaptive COVID-19 Treatment Trial, sponsored by NIAID. The randomized, controlled trial enrolled hospitalized adults with COVID-19 with evidence of lower respiratory tract involvement. Investigators found that remdesivir was most beneficial for hospitalized patients with severe disease who required supplemental oxygen.
- New Lancet series shows mixed progress on maternal and child undernutrition in last decade
- “Magic sand” might help us understand the physics of granular matter
- One size doesn’t fit all when it comes to products for preventing HIV from anal sex
- Study reveals how egg cells get so big
- Survey identifies factors in reducing clinical research coordinator turnover