The uncontrolled angular responses of metasurfaces have significantly hampered their practical applications. Here, scientists in China revealed the physical origins of angular dispersions in metasurfaces and established a general strategy to guide designing optical metasurfaces with fully controlled angular dispersions. This finding establishes a new platform for achieving angle-multiplexed functional meta-devices, significantly expanding the wave-manipulation capabilities of optical metasurfaces.
- Call me, maybe? UNLV study probes how people connected during the pandemic
- Comet Catalina suggests comets delivered carbon to rocky planets
- How does your brain process emotions? Answer could help address loneliness epidemic
- Small volcanic lakes tapping giant underground reservoirs
- Blind trust in social media cements conspiracy beliefs