Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) is an aggressive form of cancer in the brain that is typically fatal. But new findings by VCU Massey Cancer Center and VCU Institute of Molecular Medicine (VIMM) researchers could help increase the effectiveness of the most common current treatments with the addition of lumefantrine, an FDA-approved drug used to treat malaria.
- Data transfer system connects silicon chips with a hair’s-width cable
- Scientists suggested using ‘defective’ diamonds in x-ray optics
- ‘Micropopulism’ may be turning education into a battlefield in the culture wars
- Flu vaccination this season likely to be highest ever
- Pushing computing to the edge by rethinking microchips’ design