Scientists from Tsinghua University in China and MIT in the US report that applying a compressive sensing algorithm can significantly improve the quality of lensless imaging. Their thin lensless camera consists of a Fresnel optical element placed three millimeters in front of a CMOS image sensor. The signal recorded by the CMOS sensor is then reconstructed by the advanced algorithm to generate an improved image of the object free of noise.
- Paw hygiene no reason to ban assistance dogs from hospitals
- Research shows we’re surprisingly similar to Earth’s first animals
- Retreat to win — How to sustain an online campaign and survive trolling and abuse
- Tocilizumab cuts mortality risk in severely ill COVID-19 patients finds new trial conducted in India
- ‘Island of Rats’ recovers