Xu Yi, assistant professor of electrical and computer engineering at the University of Virginia, collaborated with Yun-Feng Xiao’s group from Peking University and researchers at Caltech to achieve the broadest recorded spectral span in a microcomb. Their peer-reviewed paper, “Chaos-assisted two-octave-spanning microcombs,” was published May 11, 2020, in Nature Communications.
- “Magic sand” might help us understand the physics of granular matter
- One size doesn’t fit all when it comes to products for preventing HIV from anal sex
- Study reveals how egg cells get so big
- Survey identifies factors in reducing clinical research coordinator turnover
- New ‘split-drive’ system puts scientists in the (gene) driver seat