In the largest study to examine health of placentas in women who tested positive for COVID-19, findings show placentas from 16 women who tested positive for COVID-19 while pregnant showed evidence of injury, according to pathological exams completed directly following birth.
- Injections are two-and-a-half times safer when nurses use revamped guidelines
- Cell ‘membrane on a chip’ could speed up screening of drug candidates for COVID-19
- Asthma does not seem to increase the severity of COVID-19
- Flashes bright when squeezed tight: How single-celled organisms light up the oceans
- Study indicates that Medicaid expansion has led to earlier cancer detection among individuals with low income