Research completed in NUI Galway has shown that lowering blood pressure by taking blood pressure medications reduces the risk of developing dementia and cognitive impairment by 7%. The findings are published today in a leading international medical journal, the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA).
- Oahu marine protected areas offer limited protection of coral reef herbivorous fishes
- Picture books can boost physical activity for youth with autism
- Atherosclerosis can accelerate the development of clonal hematopoiesis, study finds
- Deep brain stimulation and exercise restore movement in ataxia
- ‘Explicit instruction’ provides dramatic benefits in learning to read