Scientists have shown that machines can learn moral reasoning by ‘teaching’ them with books and news articles. Further, by limiting teaching materials to texts from different eras and societies, subtle differences in moral values are revealed. As artificial intelligence becomes more ingrained in our lives, this research will help machines to make the right choice when confronted with difficult decisions.
- “Magic sand” might help us understand the physics of granular matter
- One size doesn’t fit all when it comes to products for preventing HIV from anal sex
- Study reveals how egg cells get so big
- Survey identifies factors in reducing clinical research coordinator turnover
- New ‘split-drive’ system puts scientists in the (gene) driver seat