Scientists have shown that machines can learn moral reasoning by ‘teaching’ them with books and news articles. Further, by limiting teaching materials to texts from different eras and societies, subtle differences in moral values are revealed. As artificial intelligence becomes more ingrained in our lives, this research will help machines to make the right choice when confronted with difficult decisions.
- Racial disparities in COVID-19 are clear; better data, more targeted action needed
- Study links attraction to ‘tyrannical’ leaders to dysfunctional family dynamics
- Scientists demonstrate a new experiment in the search for theorized ‘neutrinoless’ proc
- 1 in 3 young adults may face severe COVID-19, UCSF study shows
- Mothers, newborns, young children and adolescents lose 20% of health and social services to COVID-19