There is much debate about the correct storage of tomatoes. Should tomatoes be in the fridge or kept at room temperature? Researchers from the University of Göttingen investigated whether there are differences in the flavour of ripe tomatoes depending on how they are stored, taking into account the chain of harvesting from farm to fork. No difference was found: the variety of tomato is much more important. The results appeared in Frontiers in Plant Science.
- Scientists explore the action mechanism of a new antibiotic
- Study aims to help governments maximize profits from oil and gas auctions
- Field study shows icing can cost wind turbines up to 80% of power production
- Moms need guidance on what to eat when their breastfeeding infant has a food allergy
- A parental paradox for Black girls in the justice system