In the latest auto-commentary from SLAS Discovery, ‘Controlling Phosphate Removal with Light: The Development of Optochemical Tools to Probe Protein Phosphatase Function,’ researchers from the University of Pittsburgh Department of Chemistry (Pittsburgh, PA, USA) explain the design principles considered in developing an optically controlled protein phosphatase, opportunities and limitations of the methodology.
- Parasite infestations revealed by tiny chicken backpacks
- Racial disparities in COVID-19 are clear; better data, more targeted action needed
- Study links attraction to ‘tyrannical’ leaders to dysfunctional family dynamics
- Scientists demonstrate a new experiment in the search for theorized ‘neutrinoless’ proc
- 1 in 3 young adults may face severe COVID-19, UCSF study shows