PrECOG, LLC is reporting on its single-arm phase two study PrE0505 for the initial treatment of patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma. The trial evaluated adding durvalumab, an immune checkpoint antibody targeting PD-L1, to pemetrexed and cisplatin chemotherapy in 55 patients of any histologic subtype. The study met its primary endpoint with a median overall survival of 20.4 months as compared to the historical control of 12.1 months. The combination was well-tolerated with no unexpected toxicities.
- Farmers in developing countries can protect both profits and endangered species
- Scientists use Doppler to peer inside cells
- New sustainable building simulation method points to the future of design
- Urban Americans more likely to follow covid-19 prevention behaviors than rural Americans
- Signal transduction without signal — receptor clusters can direct cell movement