Eager to ramp up your fitness while stuck at home? A new generation of virtual reality (VR) exergames nudges home-based cyclists to perform a lot better by immersing them in a crowd of cyclists. And as all cyclists participating in the race are versions of the flesh-and-blood player, the Covid-19 norms of social distancing are maintained even in the parallel universe of VR.
- Call me, maybe? UNLV study probes how people connected during the pandemic
- Comet Catalina suggests comets delivered carbon to rocky planets
- How does your brain process emotions? Answer could help address loneliness epidemic
- Small volcanic lakes tapping giant underground reservoirs
- Blind trust in social media cements conspiracy beliefs