21st century societal challenges such as demographic developments and an ageing population demand for new functional materials, such as for bone prostheses. Nature often serves as inspiration when designing these materials. In a recent study published in Analytical Chemistry, a team led by Dennis Kurzbach of the University of Vienna reports an innovative approach for high-resolution real-time monitoring of calcium phosphate mineralisation. They showed how next generation NMR technology allows to create new knowledge about the efficiency of natural materials.
- Oceans were stressed preceding abrupt, prehistoric global warming
- A giant, sizzling planet may be orbiting the star Vega
- The impact of lockdown drives us to make poorer choices
- Atmospheric drying will lead to lower crop yields, shorter trees across the globe
- Latest research delineates the effectiveness of “quitlines” for smoking cessation