The widely applied descriptors for ion-π interactions are the quadrupole moment, electrostatic potential and the polarizability of the π systems. These models treat ions as point charges, leading to the lack of information from the ions, which can be especially problematic for the multi-shaped ions. Here, Xu’s group proposes a new descriptor-the orbital electrostatic energy (OEE), which describes the electrostatic properties of both ions and π systems in detail via electron density distributions on orbitals.
- The time is ripe! An innovative contactless method for the timely harvest of soft fruits
- Researchers find frustration is an additional factor of addiction
- Repurposed arthritis drug did not significantly improve severe COVID-19 pneumonia
- Future of immunotherapy could be ‘off-the-shelf’ treatments
- The enemy within: Understanding the mechanisms of r-chop resistance in b-cell lymphoma