The hypersonic ground testing is a critical issue for hypersonics. The problems arising from developing hypervelocity shock tunnels are identified and discussed in detail. The theory of detonation-driven hypervelocity shock tunnels is proposed for developing advanced ground facilities. The forward detonation cavity driver is developed to remove rarefaction wave effects for enhancing driving ability. The tailored condition for detonation-driven shock tunnels is also proposed to achieve long test duration.
- Oahu marine protected areas offer limited protection of coral reef herbivorous fishes
- Picture books can boost physical activity for youth with autism
- Atherosclerosis can accelerate the development of clonal hematopoiesis, study finds
- Deep brain stimulation and exercise restore movement in ataxia
- ‘Explicit instruction’ provides dramatic benefits in learning to read