The hypersonic ground testing is a critical issue for hypersonics. The problems arising from developing hypervelocity shock tunnels are identified and discussed in detail. The theory of detonation-driven hypervelocity shock tunnels is proposed for developing advanced ground facilities. The forward detonation cavity driver is developed to remove rarefaction wave effects for enhancing driving ability. The tailored condition for detonation-driven shock tunnels is also proposed to achieve long test duration.
- Parasite infestations revealed by tiny chicken backpacks
- Racial disparities in COVID-19 are clear; better data, more targeted action needed
- Study links attraction to ‘tyrannical’ leaders to dysfunctional family dynamics
- Scientists demonstrate a new experiment in the search for theorized ‘neutrinoless’ proc
- 1 in 3 young adults may face severe COVID-19, UCSF study shows