In a paper published in the journal Urban Ecosystems, University of Illinois at Chicago students from the departments of earth and environmental sciences and biological sciences have measured both the extent of wetland loss in Cook County since the time of the river reversal and the alterations in the animal populations.
- Microplastic pollution harms lobster larvae, study finds
- Repurposing public health systems to decode COVID-19
- Measuring tape is a critical tool for following Zika virus-exposed children
- Mental health benefits of parks dimmed by safety concerns
- Nematode has potential to reduce cotton yields by 50 percent