Gesturing with the hands while speaking is a common human behavior, but no one knows why we do it. Now, a group of UConn researchers reports in the May 11 issue of PNAS that gesturing adds emphasis to speech–but not in the way researchers had thought.
- Custom diets are essential to mental health, new research shows
- Do marketers matter for entrepreneurs?
- A new effect of red ginseng: suppression of lung cancer metastasis
- How are universities planning to tackle emissions associated with food and flying?
- Pressure-regulated excitonic feature enhances photocurrent of all-inorganic 2D perovski