A landmark global study of fracture liaison services carried out at the Medical Research Council Lifecourse Epidemiology Unit at University of Southampton in collaboration with the International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF) and the International Society for Clinical Densitometry (ISCD), 25% of DXA facilities report not being accredited by professional or government organizations. The survey also found that adherence to many basic DXA quality assurance and reporting procedures was confirmed by less than 50% of services.
- Team of bioethicists and scientists suggests revisiting 14-day limit on human embryo
- COVID-19 lockdown linked to uptick in tobacco use
- An unstable working life affects the future mental health of young people
- Twistoptics–A new way to control optical nonlinearity
- Scientists explore the action mechanism of a new antibiotic