The proverbs related to environmental issues traditionally used by the local population in rural areas of Spain are currently considered imprecise and unreliable due to climate change impacts. This is the result of a study carried out by the Institut de Ciència i Tecnologia Ambientals of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (ICTA-UAB) that presents a novel way of using the local knowledge embodied in popular proverbs to explore climate change impacts at local scales.
- Microplastic pollution harms lobster larvae, study finds
- Repurposing public health systems to decode COVID-19
- Measuring tape is a critical tool for following Zika virus-exposed children
- Mental health benefits of parks dimmed by safety concerns
- Nematode has potential to reduce cotton yields by 50 percent