Minimizing food waste is top of mind right now during the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the lack of regulation and general understanding of food date labels leads to billions of dollars per year in food waste in the US alone. Researchers at the University of Maryland have come together with the goal of clarifying the lack of science behind food date labels, highlighting the need for interdisciplinary research in their new publication in Food Control.
- Parasite infestations revealed by tiny chicken backpacks
- Racial disparities in COVID-19 are clear; better data, more targeted action needed
- Study links attraction to ‘tyrannical’ leaders to dysfunctional family dynamics
- Scientists demonstrate a new experiment in the search for theorized ‘neutrinoless’ proc
- 1 in 3 young adults may face severe COVID-19, UCSF study shows