Miniature devices, notably those that bulge out from 2D surfaces like pop-up greeting cards, have seamlessly found their way into pressure-sensing and energy-harvesting technologies because of their ability to be frequently stretched, compressed or twisted. Despite their force-bearing abilities, it is still unclear if repeated physical stress can damage the working of these miniature devices, particularly if there is already a defect in their construction.
- Does genomics perpetuate inequality?
- Drug treatment could improve effectiveness of immunotherapy for cancer patients
- Nurses and midwives take the lead in providing HIV services in Eastern and Southern Africa
- First Alaskan juvenile predator fossil adds insight to dino migration
- Researchers uncover a critical early step of the visual process