Skoltech researchers have offered a solution to the problem of searching for materials with required properties among all possible combinations of chemical elements. These combinations are virtually endless, and each has an infinite multitude of possible crystal structures; it is not feasible to test them all and choose the best option (for instance, the hardest compound) either in an experiment or in silico.
- Pushing computing to the edge by rethinking microchips’ design
- A gene provides both protection and destruction
- Study finds digital treatment for osteoarthritis is superior to traditional routine care
- Research shows how single celled algae rotate as they swim towards the light
- Reducing salt in Parmigiano Reggiano cheese might not negatively affect its flavor