Rates of neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS) have plateaued after 20 years of increasing frequency across the country, according to a new study published in Health Affairs. NAS is a withdrawal syndrome experienced by some opioid-exposed newborns after birth.
- Call me, maybe? UNLV study probes how people connected during the pandemic
- Comet Catalina suggests comets delivered carbon to rocky planets
- How does your brain process emotions? Answer could help address loneliness epidemic
- Small volcanic lakes tapping giant underground reservoirs
- Blind trust in social media cements conspiracy beliefs