Researchers led by Jiri Kaleta of IOCB Prague have synthesized regular 2D assemblies of isotopically labelled molecular switches and measured the properties of their isomerization, revealing that formation of such an assembly doesn’t hamper the photochemical switching properties of the embedded molecules. The isotopic labels came into use when measuring the switching properties using an analytic technique dependent on the labels. The team published the results in the Journal of the American Chemical Society.
- Recognising fake images using frequency analysis
- Streamlining quantum information transmission
- Graphene-Adsorbate van der Waals bonding memory inspires ‘smart’ graphene sensors
- Ethical recommendations for triage of COVID-19 patients
- Quantum simulation: Particle behavior near the event horizon of block hole