Researchers at Karolinska Institutet in Sweden show that different measures of psychopathology can be combined into a single factor, ‘p’, which predicts the patient’s prognosis and need of extra support. The general factor of psychopathology reflects the overall risk of adverse psychiatric outcomes with an accuracy equal to that currently used for intelligence, they report in a paper published in World Psychiatry.
- Researchers find frustration is an additional factor of addiction
- Repurposed arthritis drug did not significantly improve severe COVID-19 pneumonia
- Future of immunotherapy could be ‘off-the-shelf’ treatments
- The enemy within: Understanding the mechanisms of r-chop resistance in b-cell lymphoma
- School-based dental program reduces cavities by more than 50%