In the third week of March 2020, as the COVID-19 pandemic escalated, large hospitals in the Northeast experienced a 26 percent decline in average per-facility revenues based on estimated in-network amounts as compared to the same period in 2019. Nationally, the decrease in revenue for large hospitals was 16 percent. These are among the findings of FAIR Health’s second COVID-19 study.
- Gall fly outmaneuvers host plant in game of “Spy vs. Spy”
- Black individuals at higher risk for contracting COVID-19, according to new research
- Chatbots can ease medical providers’ burden, offer guidance to those with COVID-19 symptoms
- Using electricity to break down pollutants left over after wastewater treatment
- Extreme rainfall events cause top-heavy aquatic food webs