The measurement of a strontium ion lasts barely a millionth of a second but the researchers have managed to make a ‘film’ of the process by reconstructing the quantum state of the system at different moments. The results confirm one of the most subtle predictions in quantum physics.
- Does DNA in the water tell us how many fish are there?
- Towards lasers powerful enough to investigate a new kind of physics
- Center for BrainHealth advances understanding of brain connectivity in cannabis users
- Popular chemotherapy drug may be less effective in overweight and obese women
- Mobile clinics can help address health care needs of Latino farmworkers