Arizona State University researcher Ariane Middel and her colleagues investigated how solar reflective coatings on select Los Angeles city streets affected radiant heat and, in turn, pedestrians’ comfort on a typical summer day.The idea is, if you coat a street with a lighter color than traditional pavement black, it will actually lower the surrounding temperatures. But ASU Ariane Middel and her collaborators wanted to measure what effect reflective coating had on pedestrians.
- Insights into climate change during origin of dinosaurs
- Researchers find the worst reason to give a gift
- How to strengthen New Zealand’s proposed cannabis legalization and control bill
- Parasite infestations revealed by tiny chicken backpacks
- Racial disparities in COVID-19 are clear; better data, more targeted action needed