Scientists at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU Singapore) have developed a green way to create chitin, by using two forms of food waste – prawn shells and discarded fruit – and fermenting them.
- Injections are two-and-a-half times safer when nurses use revamped guidelines
- Cell ‘membrane on a chip’ could speed up screening of drug candidates for COVID-19
- Asthma does not seem to increase the severity of COVID-19
- Flashes bright when squeezed tight: How single-celled organisms light up the oceans
- Study indicates that Medicaid expansion has led to earlier cancer detection among individuals with low income