A study at Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health found that black subjects who were exposed to highly segregated neighborhoods in young adulthood exhibited worse performance in cognitive skills in mid-life. This outcome may explain black-white disparities in dementia risk at older age.
- Team of bioethicists and scientists suggests revisiting 14-day limit on human embryo
- COVID-19 lockdown linked to uptick in tobacco use
- An unstable working life affects the future mental health of young people
- Twistoptics–A new way to control optical nonlinearity
- Scientists explore the action mechanism of a new antibiotic