Traffic pollution for most parts of the UK is plummeting thanks to the COVID-19 lockdown but more urban ozone — a dangerous air pollutant which can cause airway inflammation in humans — is probably being generated, say experts from The University of Manchester. Observations in cities across the UK show marked decreases in nitrogen oxides but with corresponding increases in ozone during lockdown.
- Does DNA in the water tell us how many fish are there?
- Towards lasers powerful enough to investigate a new kind of physics
- Center for BrainHealth advances understanding of brain connectivity in cannabis users
- Popular chemotherapy drug may be less effective in overweight and obese women
- Mobile clinics can help address health care needs of Latino farmworkers