Obese Europeans who are treated with cholesterol lowering drugs have not only lower values of blood LDL cholesterol and markers of inflammation but in addition a more healthy gut bacteria profile than those obese who are not prescribed statins. This is reported in a new study in Nature by the EU-funded MetaCardis consortium.
- Predicts the onset of Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) using deep learning-based Splice-AI
- When foams collapse (and when they don’t)
- Oahu marine protected areas offer limited protection of coral reef herbivorous fishes
- Picture books can boost physical activity for youth with autism
- Atherosclerosis can accelerate the development of clonal hematopoiesis, study finds