Insight into the pathological mechanisms behind two devastating neurodegenerative diseases: the most common inherited form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis/ frontotemporal dementia (ALS/FTD) and spinocerebellar ataxia type 36 (SCA36). Expanded repeats lead to peptide gobbledygook in both, but with critical differences.
- Better diet and glucose uptake in the brain lead to longer life in fruit flies
- Rapid blood test identifies COVID-19 patients at high risk of severe disease
- New study connects religiosity in US South Asians to cardiovascular disease
- USask study finds COVID isolation worsens student diets, inactivity, and alcohol intake
- Scientists offer road map to improve environmental observations in the Indian Ocean