Researchers compared the spread of COVID-19 infections between Hunan province in China and Italy. They found early and strict government intervention is a key factor in reducing the number of infections caused by the novel coronavirus. The team developed a mathematical model that demonstrated how the speed of the transmission can change as governments implement different preventive measures at varying timeframes.
- Study suggests coffee temporarily counteracts effect of sleep loss on cognitive function
- Sloan Kettering Institute scientists solve a 100-year-old mystery about cancer
- Study says friends are most valued in cultures where they may be needed most
- Astronomers discover first cloudless, Jupiter-like planet
- Creating a safe CAR T-Cell therapy to fight solid tumors in children