Daily symptoms logged by more than two and a half million users of the COVID-19 Symptom Tracker, a mobile application launched in March 2020, suggest the tool could help to predict geographical hotspots of COVID-19 incidence up to a week in advance of official public health reports.
- Fungi strengthen plants to fend off aphids
- Highly efficient grid-scale electricity storage at fifth of cost
- Flowery diets help predatory insects help farmers keep pests in check
- Chimpanzee friends fight together to battle rivals
- A study explores the alteration of the functional dynamics of the human brain associated with ageing