Physical exercise may not be top of mind for older adults during the COVID-19 outbreak. But according to one UBC Okanagan researcher, strength training can be an effective way to stay healthy while at home.A recent study from UBCO professor Jenn Jakobi shows that strength training with free-weights that progresses in intensity is effective in combating declining health often observed with adult aging.
- Race plays a role in children’s food allergies
- A compound that slows bone loss, and a resource for developing treatments to slow aging
- Cell ‘bones’ mystery solved with supercomputers
- UMass Amherst researchers develop technique to replicate bone-remodeling processes
- Mouse study identifies novel compound that may help develop diabetes drugs