Korean researchers have screened 48 FDA-approved drugs against SARS-CoV-2, and found that two, that are already FDA-approved for other illnesses, seem promising. The FDA approval for other uses would greatly reduce the time needed to gain FDA approval of use in COVID-19. The research is published in Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, a journal of the American Society for Microbiology.
- Scientists publish a blueprint to apply artificial intelligence to extend human longevity
- Detecting ADHD with near perfect accuracy
- Hypnotic suggestions can make a complex task easy by helping vision fill in the blanks
- In Brazil, many smaller dams disrupt fish more than large hydropower projects
- Is there a link between cashless payments and unhealthy consumption?