Here’s a new chapter in the story of the miniaturisation of machines: researchers in a laboratory in Singapore have shown that a single atom can function as either an engine or a fridge. Such a device could be engineered into future computers and fuel cells to control energy flows.
- Newly discovered subset of brain cells fight inflammation with instructions from the gut
- SARS-CoV-2 reacts to antibodies of virus from 2003 SARS outbreak, new study reveals
- Domino effects and synchrony in seizure initiation
- Increasing ocean temperature threatens Greenland’s ice sheet
- Biomarkers in mother’s plasma predict a type of autism in offspring with 100% accuracy