A new study by PSU found that the aggressive cultures of private equity firms, like venture capitalists, might spill over into the companies that they fund. The study suggests that venture capitalist investors often push a business they are financing to prioritize long-term financially-based goals instead of socially responsible business ones, like fair wages, reducing carbon footprints or improving labor policies.
- Researchers discover mechanism behind most severe cases of a common blood disorder
- Fatty acid may help combat multiple sclerosis
- New clues help explain why PFAS chemicals resist remediation
- Study finds COVID-19 attack on brain, not lungs, triggers severe disease in mice
- Study identifies a nonhuman primate model that mimics severe COVID-19 similar to humans