In regenerative medicine, an ideal treatment for patients whose muscles are damaged from lack of oxygen would be to invigorate them with an injection of their own stem cells.Illinois researchers demonstrated that ‘nanostimulators’ – -nanoparticles seeded with a molecule the body naturally produces to prompt stem cells to heal wounds — can amp up stem cells’ regenerative powers in a targeted limb in mice.
- Better diet and glucose uptake in the brain lead to longer life in fruit flies
- Rapid blood test identifies COVID-19 patients at high risk of severe disease
- New study connects religiosity in US South Asians to cardiovascular disease
- USask study finds COVID isolation worsens student diets, inactivity, and alcohol intake
- Scientists offer road map to improve environmental observations in the Indian Ocean