A study reported in the journal Cell Metabolism on April 30 adds to the evidence that people with type 2 diabetes (T2D) are at greater risk of a poor outcome should they become infected with the virus that causes COVID-19. But there is some encouraging news: people with T2D whose blood sugar is well controlled fare much better than those with more poorly controlled blood sugar.
- Culture shapes willingness to share personal data to reduce COVID-19 spread
- Getting to net zero — and even net negative — is surprisingly feasible, and affordable
- Findings may help close door on COVID-19
- Well connected through amides
- Study shows racial disparities in elementary school disciplinary actions