The scientific journal ‘Marine Pollution Bulletin’ has just published ‘Microplastics in the Bay of Biscay: an overview’, a piece of work by the ‘Materials+Technologies’ research group (GMT) of the Faculty of Engineering – Gipuzkoa. It is the first scientific paper that analyses all the research studies conducted until now about the presence of microplastics in the Bay of Biscay. It includes the results obtained in various marine compartments (water bodies, marine sediments and biota) highlighting the limitations and challenges to knowledge that have been found.
- Mount Sinai researchers build models using machine learning technique to enhance predictions of COVID-19 outcomes
- Eliminating microplastics in wastewater directly at the source
- Vermont’s BIPOC drivers are most likely to have a run-in with police, study shows
- Many parents say teens with anxiety, depression may benefit from peer confidants at school
- Where COVID-19 hit hardest, sudden deaths outside the hospital increased