A multinational team of researchers from Tohoku University and institutions in the UK, Germany and Switzerland has revealed the magnetic states of nanoscale gyroids, 3D chiral network-like nanostructures. The findings add a new candidate system for research into unconventional information processing and emergent phenomena relevant to spintronics.
- Study suggests coffee temporarily counteracts effect of sleep loss on cognitive function
- Sloan Kettering Institute scientists solve a 100-year-old mystery about cancer
- Study says friends are most valued in cultures where they may be needed most
- Astronomers discover first cloudless, Jupiter-like planet
- Creating a safe CAR T-Cell therapy to fight solid tumors in children