For years, geologists have debated how and when canyons under the Greenland Ice Sheet formed, especially one called ‘Greenland’s Grand Canyon.’ Its shape suggests it was carved by running water and glaciers, but until now its genesis remained unknown, scientists at UMass Amherst and Denmark’s Center for Ice and Climate say.
- Better diet and glucose uptake in the brain lead to longer life in fruit flies
- Rapid blood test identifies COVID-19 patients at high risk of severe disease
- New study connects religiosity in US South Asians to cardiovascular disease
- USask study finds COVID isolation worsens student diets, inactivity, and alcohol intake
- Scientists offer road map to improve environmental observations in the Indian Ocean