Transferring fecal matter from the digestive systems of healthy donors to extremely ill patients who had previously been infected with drug-resistant bacteria resulted in shorter hospital stays, fewer bloodstream infections and infections that were easier to treat, according to research that was selected for presentation at Digestive Disease Week® (DDW) 2020. DDW® data will be published in the May online supplements to Gastroenterology and GIE: Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
- How heavy is dark matter? Scientists radically narrow the potential mass range for the first time
- Engineers share model for ventilating two patients with one ventilator
- Social media study reveals diabetics’ fear of disrupted insulin supplies because of Brexit
- COVID-19 increases mortality rate among pregnant women
- How climate caprices can trigger plants