Patients aged 70 or younger with untreated chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) or small lymphocytic lymphoma have a new treatment option — a combination of the targeted agent ibrutinib with the immunologic agent rituximab. The FDA has approved the combination based on data from E1912, a phase 3 trial that showed this combination provides better leukemia control, prolongs life, and has fewer side effects compared to standard care.
- Social media use linked with depression, secondary trauma during COVID-19
- Study reveals dietary fructose heightens inflammatory bowel disease
- Coming soon to a circuit near you
- Vessel noise present year-round at Cordell Bank National Marine Sanctuary
- Many ventilation systems may increase risk of COVID-19 exposure, study suggests