COVID-19 has drastically different effects on the infected, with some people displaying no symptoms, while others can die. It is still not completely understood why some people are more severely affected than others. A new study is the first to examine gender differences in COVID-19 patients and finds that men are over twice as likely to die compared with women.
- ESMO 2020: Breast cancer drug set to transform prostate cancer treatment
- No benefit for post-operative radiotherapy in non-small-cell lung cancer
- First new drug in years reduces recurrence in high risk HR+ early breast cancer
- New first-line treatment option for metastatic kidney cancer
- UC study sheds light on cancer treatment, COVID-19