Researchers at the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan (NAOJ) have used the infrastructure of the former TAMA300 gravitational wave detector in Mitaka, Tokyo to demonstrate a new technique to reduce quantum noise in detectors. This new technique will help increase the sensitivity of the detectors comprising a collaborative worldwide gravitational wave network, allowing them to observe fainter waves.
- Multiple sclerosis: Immune cells silence neurons by removing synapses
- CT imaging features of patients infected with 2019 novel coronavirus
- UOC researchers have analysed 13 apps developed for the treatment and control of neglected tropical diseases, identifying the main weaknesses and evaluating possible improvements
- A benchmark for single-electron circuits
- Autistic kids may have a harder time recognizing healthy vs. toxic arguments