Hospitals facing a growing population of COVID-19 cases need a coordinated approach with a multidisciplinary team to increase efficiency, conserve PPE and protect staff. In “Hospital Preparedness for COVID-19: A Practical Guide from a Critical Care Perspective,” – published online in the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine – experts from Weill Cornell Medicine and NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center share their roadmap for meeting challenges posed by the pandemic, including an influx of critically ill patients.
- Brain circuitry shaped by competition for space as well as genetics
- Scientists got one step closer to solving a major problem of hydrogen energy
- Blocking enzyme’s self-destruction process may mitigate age-related diseases
- Successful Dartmouth TB vaccine moves forward after phase 2 trial
- Geoscience: Cosmic diamonds formed during gigantic planetary collisions